Dr. John Lanzetta is a graduate of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine where he received his D.M.D. in 1987. Upon degree completion he accepted a general practice residency position at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for a two year rotation. He received extensive surgical and critical care training for maxillofacial trauma patients as well as dental management of head and neck cancer patients. In 1989 he accepted a position in the Columbia University Post-Graduate Periodontal Program which he completed in 1991. He is an active member in the American Dental Association, The American Dental Society, American Academy of Periodontics, The New York Academy of Dentistry, The American College of Dentists, The New York County Dental Society and The Northeastern Society of Periodontists. He was on The Dental Board of New York Boys Club for 5 years.
He is the past president-elect of the New York Academy of Dentistry. He is certified by the Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry for proficiency in Dental Laser Surgery. Dr. John Lanzetta is also a Certified Pinhole Surgery Technique Clinician.
Dr. Lanzetta’s Education, Training & Positions Held
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine 1983-87, earned D.M.D.
- General Practice Residency Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center 1987-89, Chief resident 1988-89
- Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery 1989-91, received certificate in Periodontics
- Clinical Instructor Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery 1991-96
- New York Boys Club Board Member 1993-98
- President Tufts University Dental Alumni New York Chapter 1998-2003
- Northeastern Society of Periodontists Board Member 2003-2007
- Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) Certification
- Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST) Certification
Dr. Lanzetta's Professional Memberships
- President of the New York Academy of Dentistry 2016-2017
- Active member American Dental Association
- Active member American Academy of Dentistry
- Active member American College of Dentists
- Active Member New York County Dental Society
- Active member Northeastern Society of Periodontists
- American Academy of Periodontology
Dr. Lanzetta's Personal Achievements & Activities
- He is married to his wife Judy with 2 sons, John and Mark. He currently resides in Tarrytown, NY
- Skydiving several times
- Enjoys mountain biking, hiking, and ice hockey